Friday, February 2, 2007

January Indie Mashup Wallpaper

The image “http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/Kebove/JanuaryWallpaper.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

All week I've been thinking about doing some type of January retrospective. But then I realized that that would be a lot of writing. So last night I fired up GIMP and threw this together. It's just a mashup-wallpaper of some of the albums that I listened to the most during January. They didn't necessarily come out in January, but they did chew up a good chunk of my time. Even though it makes me a little dizzy if I look at it too fast, I'm pretty happy with the end result. The wallpaper is optimized for my screen (1440x900), but if there's a demand, I'll try to make it in other sizes. I've listed the albums I used for this below, along with their grade and an mp3.



Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Windowsill.mp3


Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity (A-)
Believe E.S.P.mp3


Apostle Of Hustle - National Anthem Of Nowhere
NoNoNo.mp3


Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? (B+)
Gronlandic Edit.mp3


Menomena - Friend Or Foe (A-)
Wet And Rusting.mp3


The Shins - Wincing The Night Away (B+)
Red Rabbits.mp3


Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder (B-)
Love Song No. 7.mp3


Panda Bear - Person Pitch
Take Pills.mp3


Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City
Hunting For Witches.mp3


Loney Dear - Loney Noir
I Am The Odd One.mp3


Well that's it for January. I don't know if I'll do another one of these for February, but I doubt it.



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: