Friday, January 26, 2007

The Magic Position

Image:B000LRY9WM.01. SS500 SCLZZZZZZZ V49585575 .jpg
Today, I finally got my hands on Patrick Wolf's latest album, The Magic Position, due out on February 26th. Now, I could be blinded by initial impressions, but so far it sounds utterly incredible. You've heard Bluebells and Accident and Emergency, I'm sure, but I'll tell you right now that they barely even scratch the surface. The album is impeccably structured, with several high points. It's hard to choose a favorite, but I think I'd have to go with Augustine. It's lacking in the electronic department, but it's all the better for it. Like the rest of the album, Augustine is carried by Wolf's voice, but a piano adds a classic element to it that makes it sublime. I highly doubt this will be the last you hear about this album from me. Enjoy.



Augustine.mp3

No comments: